- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4.5 oz all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 oz grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 3/4 cup, divided
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients.
- Weigh or lightly spoon four into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture; stir just until mouse.
- Stir in 2 ounces cheese (about 1/2 cup) and 2 tablespoons chives. Spoon into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. sprinkle muffins evenly with remaining 1 ounce cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 13 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Remove muffins from tins; cool on a wire rack.