- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 pound ground beef (use 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of Velveeta processed cheese cubed (I used 16 ounce)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1.Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
2.In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
3.Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4.In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
5.Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.